Qualifications and Career
- BA Combined Studies, University of Leicester (1975)
- Diploma Dramatic Art (1982)
- BA (Hons I) Humanities, Queensland University of Technology (1996)
- Graduate Certificate in Editing and Publishing, University of Southern Queensland (2002)
- Professional member of SfEP
After graduating, I worked as an editorial assistant at Jonathan Cape. After acting training and playing various roles in fringe theatre I joined the BBC World Service and worked as a news production secretary. I went travelling in 1985, moved to Australia in 1986, married and brought up our two children while working for the Commonwealth Public Service and studying for a degree in Humanities. I got a university scholarship and did cultural studies research for four years. After becoming qualified in editing and publishing in 2002 I worked as a freelance copy editor and proof reader. I returned to England in 2007 and have since then been building up my freelance career.